Sunday 27 June 2010

MACBETH at Shakespeare's Globe!

I went to see MACBETH on 27 June. It was just a wonderful stage and play! In my experience, it was No.1 performance together with Zingaro which visited Tokyo in 2006 from Paris. Shakespeare's Globe (21 New Globe, Walk, London) is an open air oval theater. Their stage reminds me of Shinto shrine of our country. A five pounds ticket for a “Yard Standing” was a great choice since actors were running around us and I was so excited to be involved. I was thinking about Shakespeare’s Globe can be a guide when I think about ‘site specific’. I enjoyed the play too much to criticize how it is site specific. Place (Globe), actors (artists), various audiences, spectacles…. It will be so nice if I can create such surprising art. Painting tends to be personal activity but what makes me happy is audience’s positive reaction. Rather than to be a researcher, I want to be an entertainer. Is it time to consider how my arts can be entertainment…!?

No comments:

Post a Comment